TENS OF MILLIONS WON ON BEHALF OF OUR CLIENTS
Verdicts & Settlements
Fresno Slip and Fall Attorney Fights for Your Recovery
DEPENDABLE ADVOCACY FOR SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT VICTIMS
Slipping and falling in public can cause more than just embarrassment. Serious injuries and even death can sometimes follow. In slip and fall accident lawsuits, the property owner usually claims that the victim did not exercise caution and that the dangerous condition was unavoidable. It is important to prove your injury was not your fault, but one that another should have prevented.
Because it limits its practice to only personal injury matters, Jacob J. Rivas Attorney at Law is never playing catch-up with opposing counsel. Mr. Rivas swiftly moves to prove you did not contribute to your injuries and to achieve just compensation for you.
SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS AND SUING FOR THESE INJURIES IN COURT
Slip and fall accident cases can occur in a variety of settings, such as commercial, residential or governmental buildings, and are caused by dangerous conditions like wet floors, uneven surfaces or hidden hazards. Slip and fall claims are part of premises liability law involving property owner and occupant accountability for another’s injuries on the property. In order to obtain compensation, you must show that:
- The property owner, employees or others on the premises created the condition
- They knew or should have known about the condition, and
- They failed to fix or warn others about it
Liability for a slip and fall accident may not always be obvious. Sometimes, a service provider, government entity or parent company may be accountable for your injuries. It is essential to clearly and quickly identify the condition that caused the accident.
The statute of limitations mandates timely filing of your claim. In California, you have two years from the date of the slip and fall incident to file a claim. If you fail to file in time, you can be permanently barred from seeking your remedy. Filing a timely claim serves the best interests of everyone involved since witness testimony, recollections, evidence of your injuries and other key elements of your case will be easier to obtain.
PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER WHO SETS THE RECORD STRAIGHT
Mr. Rivas has been a personal injury lawyer for more than 12 years. He brings the following advantages to your case:
- Highly respected representation — Mr. Rivas has been credited as a California Superlawyer® for three years running, putting him in the top five percent among his practice peers. His adversaries know they are in for a tough fight with a highly accomplished attorney who always works attentively to become even better
- Trial advantages — Mr. Rivas has earned a sterling reputation for trial work in just 12 years of legal practice. As a former defense lawyer for an insurance company, Attorney Rivas has unique insight into the strategy and tactics they will try to use to minimize your injury.
In the event of a victim’s death, hiring an experienced wrongful death lawyer at Jacob J. Rivas Attorney at Law can make all the difference.
If you live in Fresno and have suffered injury in a slip and fall accident, contact us for a free initial consultation
Call Phone: 559-263-9667 or toll free at or contact us online to arrange for a free consultation. Jacob J. Rivas Attorney at Law gets the results you need to get back on your feet after a slip and fall accident. The firm puts your interests first, advancing litigation expenses and not taking any payment from you until you get the compensation you deserve.