TENS OF MILLIONS WON ON BEHALF OF OUR CLIENTS
Verdicts & Settlements
Fresno Wrongful Death Lawsuit Monetary Damages
CA COMPENSATION FOR WRONGFUL DEATH LAWSUITS
After the unexpected and tragic death of a loved one, no amount of monetary compensation can make up for the loss you have suffered. Securing compensation in a wrongful death lawsuit can help ease the burden placed on those left behind by ensuring them a future free from serious financial worry. The Fresno wrongful death law firm of Jacob J. Rivas is dedicated to helping the families and loved ones of victims of wrongful death receive the compensation they need and deserve according to California law.
ECONOMIC DAMAGES IN A FRESNO WRONGFUL DEATH LAWSUIT
- Future earnings and lost benefits — One of the lasting effects of losing a loved one due to an accident or the negligence of another is the loss of their financial contribution to a household. California law allows you to seek compensation for the loss of wages and benefits a decedent would have been able to provide in the future.
- Medical and funeral expenses — The medical bills, as well as the expenses for the funeral and burial of the victim of sudden wrongful death, can often be extensive and more than the family and loved ones of the decedent can reasonably handle. In California, you can seek compensation for these expenses.
- Non-economic damages — Non-economic damages are those that do not have a specific dollar amount attached to them. Unlike medical bills or funeral expenses, where it is easy to see the financial loss a victim has suffered, non-economic damages are often left up to the discretion of those involved.
- Loss of companionship — The biggest loss the family and loved ones of a victim suffer is the absence of someone they loved and the impact that loss has on their life. When filing a wrongful death lawsuit, a plaintiff can seek compensation for the loss of companionship they have suffered.
- Pain and suffering — The loss of a loved one causes untold mental anguish to those left behind. In California, a survivor is entitled to compensation for the pain and suffering they have experienced as the result of the wrongful death of a loved one.
For additional information, you may want to review the information provided by Mr. Rivas on who can file a wrongful death claim and how to find an experienced wrongful death law firm.
For more information about the compensation you may be entitled to receive in a wrongful death lawsuit, speak with a California wrongful death attorney and ask for an assessment of your case. Call Fresno wrongful death attorney Jacob J. Rivas at Phone: 559-263-9667 or toll free at or contact us online if you have any questions.