TENS OF MILLIONS WON ON BEHALF OF OUR CLIENTS
Verdicts & Settlements
At the Law Office of Jacob J. Rivas, our Fresno amputation injury lawyers can help you recover damages. We understand that amputation injuries caused by negligent parties can lead to a lifetime of expenses. So if you’ve been in an accident resulting in amputation, let us take on your case. We will seek maximum compensation to help you recover from this traumatic injury. Our attorneys have won tens of millions on related cases and are ready to handle yours too. So call today at 559-263-9667 for a free case evaluation!
Common Amputation Injuries In Fresno
Amputation is the loss of a limb by trauma, illness, or surgery, and it can occur to any part of the upper or lower body. At the Law Office of Jacob J. Rivas, we take on cases of traumatic amputation caused by accidents. Some of the causes of common amputation injuries in Fresno include the following:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective product injuries
- Lawnmower accidents
- Explosions and burns
- Building and car door accidents
Car accidents are the leading cause of amputation injuries. Other accidents, such as workplace accidents, are often caused by a lack of safety protocols when dealing with dangerous machinery. But no matter the cause or type of injury, our Fresno amputation injury attorneys have you covered. We will recover compensation from the person responsible and recoup all possible losses.
The Potential Case Value Of Your Fresno Amputation Lawsuit
Amputation injuries involve different circumstances, so not everyone is entitled to the same damages. However, the common expenses associated with a Fresno amputation lawsuit include the following:
- Medical Costs – Amputation is an expensive medical procedure that may require multiple emergency room visits and surgeries. Afterward, many patients require prosthetics, physical rehabilitation, and in-home care. These current and future medical expenses greatly affect your amputation injury case value.
- Lost Wages And Earning Potential – Amputation injury victims miss time from work for medical treatment. They may also experience injuries that put them at a permanent disadvantage and make it challenging to continue working. At the Law Office of Jacob J. Rivas, we’ll help you recover the costs of this loss of earning potential.
- Quality Of Life – Amputation is a life-changing accident. Victims may undergo significant pain and suffering and experience a reduced quality of life. Although it can be difficult to calculate losses related to physical and emotional trauma, pain suffering is still a valid avenue of compensation.
- Disability Expenses – Amputations result in permanent disabilities. You’ll have to adapt to the loss of limb and may even need equipment such as wheelchairs, ramps, and lifts. Amputees can qualify for disability benefits, but not all losses are covered by such programs. So you’ll need compensation to accommodate your lifelong disability or disfigurement.
Work With Our Amputation Lawyers In Fresno
An amputation injury case may portion the damages between the victim and defendant if one person is not entirely at fault. For example, if a jury only finds the defendant to be 60% at fault, you will have to pay for 40% of the damages on your own. However, competing insurance companies will place as much blame on the other party as possible, potentially leaving you in the dark about the compensation you deserve. So to ensure fair litigation, work with our experienced amputation lawyers in Fresno.
Contact Our Fresno Amputation Injury Lawyers Today
You’re entitled to compensation if you or a loved one experienced an amputation injury due to another person’s negligence. Thankfully, the Law Office of Jacob J. Rivas is always available to help. Our professional Fresno amputation injury lawyers have considerable experience winning personal injury cases for our clients. So you can trust our law firm to seek maximum compensation. Post-injury situations can be frightening and stressful, but our amputation lawyers have your back. So contact our office today to schedule a consultation!