TENS OF MILLIONS WON ON BEHALF OF OUR CLIENTS
Verdicts & Settlements
Fresno Burn Injury Lawyers
If you’re the victim of a burn accident, seek the compensation you deserve with our Fresno burn injury lawyers. Burn injuries are traumatic, painful, and can leave lifelong physical and mental scars. Unfortunately, many burn victims have a long road to recovery with medical expenses, surgery costs, and physical therapy.
So if you have suffered burns due to another person’s negligence, contact the Law Office of Jacob J. Rivas for help. Our experienced attorneys will examine your case and fight for your compensation. To learn more about litigating your burn injury, call our office today to set up a free consultation.
Why Choose Our Fresno Burn Injury Attorneys
It is only natural to seek compensation for a severe accident that was not your fault. You deserve justice, and at the Law Office of Jacob J. Rivas, we have won many personal injury cases for our clients and are happy to defend yours as well. Our Fresno burn injury attorneys will help you in the following ways and more:
- Support your case and individual needs. Our attorneys understand that burn accidents can be complicated and stressful. When you work with us, we’ll tailor our services to your needs and seek maximum compensation for your unique case.
- Determine settlement amount. Only a professional can help you determine the settlement value of your case. We will speak with the liable party, their insurance company, and anyone else involved in the accident. Negligent parties may try to minimize liability, so it’s crucial to work with an experienced attorney who can defend the compensation you deserve.
- Gather necessary evidence. To receive compensation, you may need to prove who is responsible for your burn accident. Our burn injury lawyer will gather evidence, such as medical records and witness statements, to build a strong case on your behalf.
Our Fresno burn injury attorneys can help you maximize your compensation and show the negligent party that we will pursue your claim seriously and aggressively. So you can rest easy with our professionals at your side.
Types Of Fresno Burn Injuries
Medical professionals categorize Fresno burn injuries from first to fourth degrees. For example, first-degree burns can cause outer skin reddening, tenderness, and some pain. But fourth-degree burns go below the skin and even the underlying tissue or muscles, leaving permanent scarring and damage to the victim. Burn severity can dramatically impact Fresno burn injury costs by thousands to millions of dollars. To treat burn injuries, victims undergo various procedures, including hospitalization, skin grafting, and aftercare, such as physical therapy or plastic surgery.
Fresno Burn Injury Causes
Burn injuries can occur in various ways, but common Fresno burn injury causes include the following:
- Exposure to flames
- Scalding liquids
- Prolonged exposure to the sun or other sources of heat
- Friction (such as from road rash)
- Contact with a hot object
Medical conditions or medications that increase the risk of burn injuries
Our attorneys will analyze the cause of your burn injury and seek out those responsible. Regardless of your burn severity, you deserve compensation for someone else’s wrongdoing.
Fresno Burn Injury Complications
Burn injuries often lead to secondary complications, including but not limited to the following:
- Infection: Burns damage the skin and other tissues, making it easier for bacteria to enter and infect the body.
- Dehydration: The body often loses fluids due to burns, leading to dehydration, especially for young children and older adults.
- Shock: Severe burns may cause someone to go into shock, a life-threatening condition that needs prompt treatment.
- Contractures: The skin and underlying tissues may become tight and inflexible in response to severe burns, leading to contractures that affect movement and function.
- Emotional distress: Burn injuries can be traumatic, both physically and emotionally, and can lead to depression, anxiety, and other mental health conditions.
Understanding Your Burn Injury Claim In Fresno
The severity, cause, and complications related to your accident all contribute to your burn injury claim in Fresno. So we will examine these factors and present all relevant evidence to defend your case. In addition, our Fresno burn injury lawyers often consider questions such as who bears the duty of care during an accident and what violation lead to your injury. Determining liability can be tricky and may involve multiple defendants, but our professionals have you covered with our thorough investigation procedures.
Claim Compensation With Our Burn Injury Attorney In Fresno
Our burn injury attorney in Fresno will help your recover damages, including medical expenses, lost income and earning potential, pain and suffering, and other costs related to your accident.
Medical expenses can include the cost of hospitalization, surgeries, medication, physical therapy, and other medical treatments related to your burn injury.
Lost income and earning potential can include any wages or future income you cannot earn due to your burn injury.
Pain and suffering damages compensate victims for the physical and emotional burdens caused by a burn injury. These damages can be challenging to calculate and may depend on factors like burn severity and the length of recovery.
In some cases, burn injury victims may also receive compensation for other damages, such as loss of consortium (the loss of companionship or support from a loved one) or property damage. Our experienced personal injury attorney can help you understand your specific rights and options for pursuing compensation.
Contact Our Fresno Burn Injury Lawyers
If you have suffered a burn injury, the Law Office of Jacob J. Rivas can help. Our Fresno burn injury lawyers will guide you through pursuing compensation for your accident. In addition, our office provides free case evaluations, so you can learn about how we can help. Severe burn injuries can leave lasting, permanent damage to affected individuals. So, if your accident is due to the negligence of another, don’t wait any longer to file a burn injury claim. Contact us online or call 559-263-9667 today to get started.