TENS OF MILLIONS WON ON BEHALF OF OUR CLIENTS
Verdicts & Settlements
Fresno Paralysis Lawyers
Our Fresno paralysis lawyers are standing by to represent you in a court of law.
While all accidents are upsetting, some have life-changing consequences. About one in fifty Americans have paralysis, some due to accidents at no fault of their own. People with paralysis encounter heavy expenses and have to alter their lives drastically. But you have the legal right to compensation, and the Fresno paralysis lawyers at the Law Office of Jacob J. Rivas can help.
We suggest consulting with a personal injury attorney after any accident. No matter your injury’s severity, you can recover costs from the person who harmed you. Fortunately, Jacob J. Rivas has won tens of millions on behalf of his clients and is ready to take on your case. As a personal injury lawyer, Mr. Rivas can help you regain control as a paralyzed accident victim. Call 559-263-9667 today for more information!
Types of Paralysis
Paralysis is the loss of bodily sensation or movement, often caused by injury or illness. Although some individuals are born with it, others get paralyzed from accidents. Paralysis occurs when injured nerves in your spinal cord fail to send signals to your muscles. Some forms of paralysis are temporary, while others are permanent due to severe spinal cord injuries. The types of paralysis include:
- Monoplegia: the paralysis of one limb
- Hemiplegia: paralysis affecting the same side of a person’s body, such as an arm and leg
- Paraplegia: paralysis from the waist down
- Quadriplegia (or tetraplegia): paralysis of all four limbs
Common Causes Of Paralysis Injuries In Fresno
Paralysis can be due to medical conditions, but as paralysis lawyers in Fresno, we handle cases of paralysis caused by accidents, such as the following:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
In auto accidents, negligent drivers are obligated to pay their victims, and their insurance carriers must compensate for personal injury claims. As paralysis attorneys, we’ll help you seek the maximum possible compensation you deserve.
Plane And Train Crashes
Albeit less common than auto accidents, plane and train crashes are no less devastating. Victims have legal claims against the airline or railway carrier because service providers must ensure safe passage. They often carry insurance policies with high coverage limits, but these aren’t always enough to compensate everyone involved. So get an attorney to protect your right to compensation.
Accidents can still happen no matter what industry you’re in. For example, heavy equipment, loose scaffolding, and extreme heights contribute to many accidents in construction. Paralyzed workers have the right to compensation benefits, but they may not cover all their losses. So it is essential to work with an attorney for personal injury claims.
People experience injuries in many different sports, from horseback riding to football. Football can cause brain injuries due to damage left unprotected by helmets. And soccer players, for instance, have little protection against impact. Some cases deem a player has “assumed the risk” of harm because they understood the risks of injury before playing. But that doesn’t necessarily invalidate your sports injury case. A lawyer can help determine if your case warrants compensation.
Unfortunately, paralysis can also be caused by negligent medical providers. For example, paramedics must carefully move patients with presumed spinal injuries. Otherwise, they can aggravate the injury and cause paralysis. Or, a surgeon could make an error during a sensitive operation. When medical mistakes cause paralysis, you have a malpractice case against the provider and can file a claim with their insurance.
How Much Will Fresno Paralysis Injury Cases Recover?
People with paralysis should explore all their legal options instead of paying for expenses they aren’t responsible for. But for most victims, the vital question is how much they will recover in Fresno paralysis injury cases. Well, the amount of damages recovered depends on your losses. Some of the compensable losses for victims include:
- Medical Costs – Medical expenses include all your past medical bills and projected future costs, including medical equipment and in-home care. Since paralysis requires lifelong care, future expenses can be substantial.
- Home Modifications – Many paralysis victims must add ramps or lifts to their homes for wheelchair access. You may need widened hallways, grab bars, and special transportation for commuting.
- Pain And Suffering – A permanent injury can be emotionally devastating. Paralysis can affect every aspect of your life, leading to employment, marriage, relationships, and identity changes. These losses are related to your injury and are subject to compensation.
- Physical Rehabilitation – Almost all paralysis victims need rehabilitation to adapt to their situation. Occupational therapists can help you rebuild basic motor skills like eating and writing. Physical therapy can also restore strength and improve muscle mobility. These, too, are compensable expenses related to your injury.
- Additional Medical Complications – Many people with paralysis suffer secondary medical complications, such as chronic pain and mental health issues. Sadly, these complications may also lead to a reduced life expectancy. You have the right to compensation for the pain and suffering of these complications.
Contact Our Fresno Paralysis Attorneys Today
Paralysis is a costly injury affecting you and your family for life. Victims are entitled to compensation for the many losses they suffer. Therefore, working with Fresno paralysis lawyers who can pursue recovery costs is essential. Call 559-263-9667 or contact us onlines to schedule a free consultation at the Law Office of Jacob J. Rivas. Our experienced paralysis lawyers in Fresno have helped many individuals with personal injury cases. Your lawyer will fight hard to protect your rights and earn you the compensation you deserve.