TENS OF MILLIONS WON ON BEHALF OF OUR CLIENTS
Verdicts & Settlements
Merced Paralysis Lawyers
When a traumatic accident leads to your paralysis, work with our Merced paralysis lawyers for compensation. We’ll assess the liability of your case and recover your losses. The Law Office of Jacob J. Rivas has years of experience winning personal injury lawsuits and can help with yours today. Paralysis can have life-altering, expensive consequences for everyone involved. But our paralysis attorneys are willing to go to trial to fight for your cases. So call today at 559-263-9667 to schedule a free case assessment!
TYPES OF PARALYSIS INJURIES
Paralysis is the temporary or permanent inability to move certain body parts. This debilitating condition comes in different forms and may develop due to medical conditions or spinal cord injuries. Types of paralysis include the following:
- Monoplegia – Paralysis of a single body area, typically one limb
- Hemiplegia – Paralysis affecting one side of the body
- Paraplegia – Paralysis below the waist impacting the legs and hips
- Quadriplegia – Paralysis of all four limbs
COMMON PARALYSIS INJURIES IN MERCED
Common causes of paralysis injuries that our paralysis lawyers in Merced handle include the following:
- Automobile Accidents – Car accidents can involve severe bodily injuries, some resulting in paralysis for the victim. Although the negligent driver can compensate damages with insurance, they may not cover all your losses related to paralysis. So contact our Merced paralysis attorneys for help.
- Plane And Train Accidents – The vast majority of plane and train rides run smoothly, but when accidents occur, they can cause life-changing injuries such as paralysis. If you’re the victim of a plane or train accident, you can file a lawsuit to recover losses. But many people are involved in accidents related to the commercial transportation industry, so it can be challenging to determine liability. Ensure your fair representation by working with our paralysis attorneys in Merced.
- Workplace Injuries – The typical avenue of compensation for workplace accidents is worker’s compensation insurance. However, coverage plans don’t always recover the entire cost of your accident, especially when it comes to paralysis. So if you need professional help with your workplace injury case, contact the Law Office of Jacob J. Rivas.
- Sports Injuries – It’s no surprise when athletes experience injuries in high-contact sports like football and boxing. But some cases of sports injuries are due to defective products or negligence that can even lead to paralysis. So you may be entitled to compensation if you suffer a sports injury due to a negligent party.
- Medical Malpractice – Unfortunately, some medical professionals make severe mistakes that paralyze their patients. If medical malpractice is the cause of your paralysis, don’t hesitate to seek help from our paralysis lawyers.
RECOVERABLE LOSSES WITH MERCED PARALYSIS INJURY CASES
Merced paralysis injury cases involve different circumstances impacting the value of your case. But common forms of recoverable losses include the following:
- Medical Fees – Paralysis often requires expensive emergency room visits and surgery costs, not to mention ongoing care, rehabilitation, and therapy in the aftermath.
- Accommodation Purchases – To adjust to their new condition, paralysis victims may have to retrofit their homes for wheelchair access and adapt their transportation for commuting.
- Quality Of Life – Paralysis can drastically impact a person’s quality of life, leading to pain and suffering due to physical and emotional trauma. Quantifying such damages can be tricky, but they are valid compensable losses.
- Secondary Problems – Paralysis can impact health in more ways than one, often leading to secondary medical complications such as bladder and bowel problems, chronic pain, and even reduced life expectancy.
WORK WITH OUR MERCED PARALYSIS LAWYERS TODAY
When the burden of paralysis drives up your bills, contact our Merced paralysis lawyers for help. We’ll seek all potential forms of compensation for your traumatic injury. After all, you shouldn’t pay for losses due to a negligent party. So instead, work with the Law Office of Jacob J. Rivas to determine the liability of your paralysis injury case. Call 559-263-9667 or contact our Merced paralysis attorneys to get started!