TENS OF MILLIONS WON ON BEHALF OF OUR CLIENTS
Verdicts & Settlements
Visalia Paralysis Lawyers
Our Visalia paralysis lawyers help accident victims pursue compensation. The Law Office of Jacob J. Rivas understands that all accidents have consequences, but not all cause life-changing injuries like paralysis. About 1 in 50 Americans have paralysis, and many have the legal right to compensation. Unfortunately, paralyzed individuals often face costly medical and rehabilitation bills while losing their earning capacity. So if you’ve had to alter your life due to a paralysis-causing accident, a personal injury attorney like Jacob J. Rivas can help you recover expenses. Call today at 559-263-9667 for a free case assessment!
THE TYPES OF PARALYSIS
There are varying levels of paralysis consisting of the complete or partial loss of motor functioning or sensation. People with spinal cord injuries can lose nerve function and become temporarily or permanently paralyzed. The primary injury types of paralysis include:
- Monoplegia – paralysis of one limb
- Hemiplegia – paralysis on one side of the body, often the arm and leg
- Paraplegia: paralysis of the lower body
- Quadriplegia (or tetraplegia): paralysis of both arms and legs
CAUSES OF PARALYSIS INJURIES IN VISALIA
As paralysis lawyers in Visalia, we address cases of paralysis caused by accidents, including the following:
In a car accident, the negligent driver must pay the victim, and their insurance carrier must reimburse personal injury claims. As Visalia paralysis attorneys, we’ll fight for your maximum possible compensation.
Plane And Train Crashes
Although they’re less common than car accidents, plane and train crashes are still eligible for compensation. If you’re an accident victim, you have the right to file a lawsuit against the airline or railway provider. These carriers often have insurance with high coverages due to the number of possible victims. Get your share of compensation with the help of our paralysis attorneys in Visalia.
Some industries put their workers at risk during the job. When workplace injuries occur, paralyzed workers can access compensation benefits. But not all companies can cover your total losses, so be sure to work with a lawyer to recoup it all.
Sports injuries are common, and most are accidental. But some accidents may be due to negligent individuals and defective equipment, leading to consequences as severe as paralysis. If you’ve suffered from an athletic injury at no fault of your own, you can litigate it with the help of our lawyers. We will determine if your sports injury case is compensable and fight for you in court.
Unfortunately, some patients suffer injuries under the care of their medical providers. If a negligent healthcare professional is the reason for your paralysis, you have a valid malpractice lawsuit. Our paralysis lawyers can help you file a claim and recover losses.
HOW MUCH DAMAGE WILL VISALIA PARALYSIS INJURY CASES RECOVER?
At the Law Office of Jacob J. Rivas, we seek all avenues of compensation for Visalia paralysis injury cases, including:
- Medical Fees – Paralysis injuries lead to several medical expenses, including surgery, medication, medical equipment, and in-home care.
- Home Modifications – Many paralysis victims must modify their homes with ramps or lifts for wheelchair access. They may also need widened hallways, grab bars, and adapted transportation.
- Pain And Suffering – Paralysis can be physically and emotionally devastating. It can impact employment, marriage, relationships, and identity. These losses are highly relevant to your case and are subject to reimbursement.
- Physical Rehabilitation – Many people with paralysis need rehabilitation and physical therapy to adjust to their injuries. They have to rebuild basic motor skills and restore muscle mobility. These, too, count as recoverable losses.
- Secondary Medical Conditions – Paralyzed patients often suffer additional medical issues, including chronic nerve pain and low blood pressure. Sadly, they may also have a lowered life expectancy. Because these conditions are byproducts of paralysis, they are also compensable.
WORK WITH OUR VISALIA PARALYSIS ATTORNEYS
Paralysis is a severe injury affecting victims for life. If you’re paralyzed after an accident, our Visalia paralysis lawyers can help you recover expenses. The Law Office of Jacob J. Rivas will defend your personal injury case and earn back your rightful compensation. So don’t suffer from the costs of paralysis any longer. Call 559-263-9667 or contact us online for a free consultation.